133111: Construction Project Manager
Major Group: 1 - Managers | Sub-Major Group: 13 - Specialist Managers | Minor Group: 133 - Construction, Distribution and Production Managers | Unit Group: 1331 - Construction Managers
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates construction of civil engineering and building projects, and the physical and human resources involved in the construction process. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level 1
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- Coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- Consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
- Negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Preparing tenders and contract bids
- Operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- Ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- Arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- Building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
- Overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors' work
- Arranging building inspections by local authorities
The information in this website is not immigration advice in relation to your individual circumstances and must not be construed as such.